Definition of Tae Kwon Do
Tae Kwon Do is a Korean unarmed Martial Art. It is not only kicking and punching, but a way of thinking and living.
The main goal of Tae Kwon Do is to achieve total mind and body control through training.
1. Students must bow to Flags, Sah-Bum-Nim, and Instructors when coming in, and out of the school.
2. Students must use the words Sir or Ma’am when speaking to Instructors.
3. Students must Respect and Obey Instructors.
4. Conversation is not permitted during class.
5. Swearing, Smoking, Drugs, and Alcohol are Prohibited.
6. Students must attend classes regularly for their own good.
7. Students must help keep the Do-Jang clean.
Basic School Language
Master Instructor -Sah-Bum-Nim One -Ha-nah
Senior Student -Sun-Bae-Nim Two -Duhl
School -Do-Jang Three -Seht
Uniform -Do-Buk Four -Neht
Attention -Charyot Five -Da-seot
Bow -Kyeong-rye Six -Yeo-seot
Ready position -Joon-bi Seven -Il-gop
Begin -Shi-jak Eight -Yeo-dul
End (Stop) -Keu-man Nine -A-hop
Continue -Kye-sok Ten -Yeol
Form -Poomsae Twenty -Semul
Breaking -Kyokpa Thirty -Saran
Sparring -Kyorugi Flag -Kuk Ki
At Ease -Shi-er Salute the Flag -Kuk ki ae dae ha yo, Kyeong-Rye
Break (separate) -Kal-Yeo Sun -Ultimate
Red -Hong Ki -Energy
Blue -Chung Do -Way or Path
Warning -Kyong-go Kicking -Chagi
Violation -Gam-jeom Punching -Jireugi
Injury Time Out -Kye-shi Defense -Makki
Non Injury Time Out -Shi-gan
Spirit of Practitioner
Loyalty to Country
Obedience to Parents
Respect your Elders
Be Faithful to your Friends
Be Courteous in all situations
Consider all alternatives before killing any living thing
Never give up, always Persevere to finish what you start
Home Rules For Children
1. Children must show respect to their parents and family members at all times.
2. Children shall greet their parents when they enter and say goodbye when they leave.
3. Children will be truthful at all times.
4. Children will maintain a good relationship with the brothers and sisters.
5. Children must help with household chores.
6. Children will keep their rooms neat and clean.
7. Children must clean their body and teeth daily.
8. Children will not interrupt adult conversation.
9. Children will study their school work at home and maintain good grades in school.
10. Children must show respect to their teachers and peers at all times.
NOTE: Children who do not obey their parents or act courteous at all times may be reduced in rank!